Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boston to Omaha, Thanks All




I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who put me up on my way back to Omaha from Boston. It was great to reconnect with Dave, Chris, Pat, Josh, Rick, Christine, Dave and Erica. It was a great trip with the exception of the New Jersey Snow Storm. When I'm traveling eastbound and get to Ohio I feel like I am so far east, but when I'm traveling westbound when I get to Ohio I feel so far west. I was riding through Ohio and Indiana on Friday and was thinking "man, there is nothing out here", then I rode through Iowa on Saturday and there was really nothing out there. Jacque Caglia asked me last week what I was most looking forward to on this trip. I told her that I was most looking forward to being in the middle of nowhere and finding those places that I never would have dreamed being in in a million years. But I'm glad that the trip from Boston to Omaha gave me the chance to reconnect with you guys. It's nice to see that after 1, 5, and 7 years friendships can pick up right where they left off.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I've seen this expression on Marty's face before when he was small and terrified and riding a kiddie roller coaster at Arnold's Park. He kept yelling, "It's too fast!!" Maybe it's just the way the flash washed him out....