Thursday, November 6, 2008

Concordia, Kansas




Well in the tradition of ending up in random locals Concordia, Kansas is serving well. After a stressful morning of trying to get out of Omaha the rode has given way to a tough ride but great day. I think we both had some nerves this morning as we actually got on the bikes for the first time . I couldn't actually believe that we were leaving. The butterflys were in full force. I think they will be around for a while until we get settled in the rode. But the day was good and I think we found a little of what we were looking for in the people we have already met along the way. The small towns of Nebraska and Kansas have character and kindness, along with a few farmers with dirty jokes hanging out in gas stations. It's nice to know I can make a u-turn anywhere I want and there is zero chance I'm going to get a ticket. It doesn't get much better than a Motel 8 with a few flys and a hole in the wall Mexican Restaraunt for supper. It's good to be in the middle of nowhere.

2 comments:

1975-R90-BMW said...

Fritz & Marty, You left Omaha at the right time.... It is cold. Hope you are headed for warmer country. Stay safe...

1975-R90-BMW said...

update your blog. I am living my life vicariously through you guys.